Saturday, January 24, 2015

A Rainy 24th of January



Writers Block  
Posted in front of Scottish Pub.

This week I’ve seemed to develop writers block. Sometimes it’s been distractions, other times I just didn’t feel motivated. That creative flow which whimsically appears to allow me to publish a new edition just ain't there. So, I might just as well write about it and make it right.

I’ve really tried to get an edition of “The Rooster” out every week. Most of the time I make good on that personal goal. This week has just seemed like a struggle. I strive to make the content inspiring for my readership and not a whole lot of lightbulbs have been going off. The fuse to the old brain just can't find an ignition point.

So today I said to the little woman, I’m headed to the Annex, it’s where my writing studio is, in a converted old garage with heat and full bath for those who don’t know. There's even a Fridg stocked with Uncle Bobbie's favorite, Coors Lite. We’ve hosted 40 plus people in this edifice for Thanksgiving family dinners in the past. And the little woman, is upstairs in her sewing studio creating a quilt. Just this past week she completed two baby quilts for two recent family and a friends newly arrived babies. The third is for a gentleman who donates a Deer each year to our cause. Our cause you ask,  "cause we're hungry."

My den of creativity.


From the Sewing Studio of Mary Agnes.

During the week as I’m writing my journal I attempt to locate a Brain Storm. Usually I only get what some call “ a tip of the tongue phenomenon,” other folks might call it a “Brain Fart.” It just appears that nothing viable for “The Rooster” is coming about. 

As with just about everything today, there is an app for this tribulation, it’s called ironically enough http://www.brainstormsw.com  I’ve never used the app myself, but if you’r a writer and you need some help sometime, you might want to check it out. It is an app that charges a fee though. Being retired and thrifty, that’s why I don’t use it. 

One App I am using as a reference is “Purdue University’s On Line Writing Lab.” They actually have a segment dedicated just to writers block. Earlier today (Saturday 01/25/15) I was glancing at that resource. The best part of the site, it’s free. "Free at last, Free at Last," belated birthday wishes Martin, the kids enjoyed their day off of school. Thank You.



During the week as I’m writing my Journal I attempt to reflect back a few days and see if there’s content for The Rooster. My Journal writing failed me this week. However, Facebook came through with the below web site and it’s a must read if you write or are taking notes for any purpose. It's even more worthy, (a great wine by the way) if your in school or college.


Hopefully a few of you will have gained a bit of insight into the writing mind of The Rooster as he crows each week. I never would have thought I’d garner close to two thousand plus words from something as bland as “Writers Block.”


Longevity In Marriage (Thanks to a Facebook Post)



10 Forgotten Habits Happy Couples Have That Make Their Relationships
Last



Where In The World is Jeff Berthiaume

We have heard that El Jeffe has made it to Islamabad, Pakistan. He was to motor via convoy up to Peshawar and complete some work at the United States Consulate. For those interested, this is a distance of about 90 miles and is usually a two hour trip. As far as we know at this writing he's still holed up in Islamabad. Hopefully in a Bunker. How's it going Jeff?

Bolt Bus to NYC?

Shopping in Islamabad. Is this Giant or Stop and Shop?







Sighted In Allen


This past week on three separate occasions I have observed a large Albino Squirrel on Collins Wharf Rd. several hundred feet east of Noble Farms Rd. in Eden, MD. Mary Agnes was with me on one such sighting. 

My sister Megan lives in Sterling, VA and I have observed them there many times. If this one wandered over here from the DC suburbs, it’s either a good swimmer or it hitched a ride across the Bay Bridge. I’ve heard Camels do it all the time.

Sterling, VA is in Loudon County. They do have a Squirrel Ridge over there and a monument is erected to the 1st Massachusetts Cavalry, 3rd Brigade. If you’r a Civil War enthusiast you know of the Battle of Aldie that took place in 1863 when Lee’s Army was heading to Pennsylvania, I bet he wished he had a few Camels back then.



Just simply amazing, no TV, a grey and gloomy day in my Annex and I come out with a Blog. Who would have Thunk it?

Have a great day everyone and don't let the weather deflate your personality.

Just a little Patriotic jab.


Semper fi


No comments: